Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our dr's visit

We went for our medical exam last Friday. There was a little bit of confusion when we got there. I had called the day before to make our appointment and as they always do, they ask what insurance you have. We had a little bit of a problem because we have different insurance from the last time we were there and Mike's account was frozen because he hadn't been to the dr for over a year. They had to send a request to unfreeze his account to the central office uptown and then they couldn't find our insurance in their computer. We eventually got the ins. thing figured out and the lady (lady C) on the phone told me that she would put me down for 2pm the next day and once they unfroze Mike's account, then she would put him down for 2:15. I was instructed to call her back in 2 hours if I didn't hear from her. Well, she called about 1.5 yrs later and left a message on voice mail saying that Mike's account was unfrozen and that my appointment was at 4pm and his was at 4:15 pm. I just figured that during that hour and half that someone else had been scheduled in the 2:15 slot and she just shifted both of our appointment so that they would be at the same time. Well, when we got there the next afternoon, the receptionist said that our appointment had been at 2 pm. UGH!  I told her that yes, it was suppose to be at 2 pm originally, but Lady C left a msg saying that it was a 4pm. At that point, Lady C came over and declared that she had said 2pm and continued to argue with me about it. So, I whipped out my...cell phone and listened to the msg (all the while thinking, "crap, did I hear it wrong?!?!). I was right, she said 4pm and I told her such. Lady C then said that she wanted to hear the msg and so I obliged her by putting it on speaker phone.  lol. She conceded and they were able to fit us in. Unfortunately it was so late that we had to come back Monday morning so they could do the blood work. It wasn't that big of a deal since we had to go back in for them to check the TB test. We are consumption free! It was a little rough, since our dr decided to do all of regular physical blood work at the same time and we had to fast for our cholesterol test. We are still waiting for the blood test results, but we should have them by the end of the week.

One more thing to check off the list and one small step closer to our goal!

7 comments:

  1. Rebekah, you are just a little ahead of us in the process. We have our first home study meeting tomorrow night. I totally understand how you feel wanting your first adoption to be a little girl. We felt the same way when we adopted our daughter in 2003. This is our second adoption and we are adopting a little boy. We are so close in timing with the paperwork process maybe we will end up in Poland at the same time.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too are in the process for a girl. Our site is www.ourcontinuedadventure.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What drama....I am glad it all worked out! I love that you saved the voice mail. I will have to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are seeing the same doctor as us! We had confusion, because I made the appointment and said we BOTH were coming in and needed to see a doctor. They made the appointment for me only! Luckily there was another doctor free that could see my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog, congrats on the beginning of your adventure :-) We came home in Feb 2008 with our then 2 year old son! I believe you are using the same agency we did...SMIA. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, we're in the process also, we just submitted our dossier to Poland a few weeks ago- great to meet another couple adopting from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Just found your blog too! Congratulations on your decision to adopt! This is really such an exciting time for you and your husband. We just got back from our second trip to Poland with Adam and Aggie last week! www. weyersfamilyblog.blogspot.com Please feel free to ask any questions! We are happy to help you in any way we can. Best of the Best of luck to you on this incredible journey you are on!

    ReplyDelete