Friday, September 3, 2010

Dossier is in Poland

It's been a while since I've posted. Obviously. LOL. Let's see what has happened since July. We had our biometric appointment. I was told to expect the immigration office to have a very long wait even though we had an appointment. The night before, there were some bad thunderstorms and we lost power. We both set our phones to go off very early. We didn't want to be late. The power came back on around 3am. Mike said that Lacie woke him up to turn off a light that came back on with the power. I guess it was disrupting her beauty sleep. We got up without any problems. I had my coffee, jumped in the shower and got my make-up on when the power went out again. Don't know why. It wasn't storming anymore. Didn't get to dry my hair, so I threw it up into a ponytail and said, "the heck with it". We left the house later than planned and got stuck in the Charlotte morning traffic. We were certain that we would be late. We made it there with 8 minutes to spare. There was almost no one there. I wondered if power outages had something to do with that. We got our numbers and sat down to wait. While we were waiting, we were treated to the very "lovely" partial view of a young man's behind when he stood up. It was NOT a pleasant sight and boys and men (young or old) should NOT wear low-rise skinny jeans. I was kind of worried when the lady took my fingerprints. She kept having to do them over and over again, but I guess they were okay. We got our approval quite quickly. We were very happy about that.

Mike drove to Raleigh to have everything apostilled. When he got there, the lady told him that they couldn't do the employment letter because it hadn't been notarized in NC. So, she gave him the name and address of a place that could notarize it. It was a bail bondsman! LOL! Everything was taken care of and our dossier has been sent to Poland. I am so glad to have that done with. Now, we wait.

While waiting, we've been getting things in order around the house by cleaning closets, cupboards, reorganizing, de-cluttering and whatnot. Mike finally cleared out his office, which will be our future daughter's bedroom. We purchased furniture and it's been delivered and set up. While we've requested a little girl under 2, the crib converts to a toddler bed to a day bed to a full size bed. We're cover whether she's in a crib or bed. I picked up the paint this past Monday.

We ordered the RosettaStone Polish and it arrived yesterday. I've done a few lessons and boy, is it a difficult language to speak. I will keep at it and hopefully, I will get a handle on it... eventually.

To those traveling to Poland very soon: Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Have a great Labor Day weekend!


  1. Yay! What a big milestone!! I am so excited for you having your dossier in Poland! I hope your referral comes really soon. Hopefully we will be joining you in the waiting group soon. We are waiting for our fingerprint appointment time to come in the mail.

  2. What an exciting step, congrats! Hopefully you will have your daughter with you soon!

  3. Welcome to the "Waiting Group"! Congrats!

  4. Congrats to you both! Hoping the waiting isn't too long before you receive your referral and get a glimpse of your child!:) Will be curious to hear what you think of Rosetta Stone.

  5. So happy for you and Mike to have your dossier in Poland....what a great feeling!

  6. Yes, Polish is definitely a difficult language. We tried to learn a bit before going, but we really learned more being there. Regardless if you learn a little or a lot, all will work out fine. It also sounds like you are making additional progress with the closet cleaning and dossier completing. Those check offs are nice to make.